Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT)
Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital, Turlock, CA
For those who want to put their love of pets into action, there are few jobs more rewarding that of a RVT. While working closely with our doctors at Monte Vista Small Animal Hospital, you will have the opportunity to advocate for pets and educate clients on all aspects of pet health. In addition, if your goal is to advance in your career, you will have access to a variety of learning and development opportunities along the way.
Job Description Summary: A Veterinary Technician is a key member of our hospital team who supports and assists the doctors, ensures the safety of pets, and provides top quality veterinary care to all of our patients.
Every Veterinary Technician has an important contribution to make to the veterinary team. We are looking for Vet Techs who are dedicated to their work, have a positive attitude and follow our vision of exceptional care to our patients and excellent customer service to our clients.
We are excited to hear from you and look forward to meeting you soon.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $25.00 /hour
The Veterinary Technician provides professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times, making sure that clients and pets are comfortable in the hospital. You will use your technical skills on a daily basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adhere to hospital standards that keep pets safe and working spaces tidy and organized.
- Admit and discharge patients
- Ability to restrain, lift, and carry patients in a safe manner for pet and employee.
- Ability to place IV catheters, intubate patients, and administer medications.
- Must be able to calculate anesthetic drugs and medications.
- Must be able to assist in monitoring anesthesia.
- Must be able to multi-task and think quickly on your feet
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills, you will be working very closely with a doctor team to ensure that pets well-being is priority.
- Be able to operate veterinary in-house laboratory equipment.
- Be comfortable communicating with owners, co-workers, management, and doctors.
- Must have a flexible schedule. Our hospital is open 7 days a week with late hours.
How To Apply
Send Resumes to: